Located in Calgary and reporting to the Manger, Health and Safety, the Health & Safety Analyst provides support to the Health & Safety department in the development and implementation of the Health and Safety Management System (HSMS), Emergency Management Program, and Security Plan. This position coordinates program and practice reviews and updates, regulatory reviews, incident documentation, and corrective action tracking. The Analyst manages and analyses incident and hazard management data using Alliance’s incident reporting and hazard assessment tool. Operational controls are kept current and vetted with applicable stakeholders by the Analyst. This role also acts as a primary point of contact for analytical and performance measurement data on health, safety, security, and emergency management.
Collaboration with the Operational Excellence Management System (OEMS) coordinator and Corporate Performance Management (CPM) team is conducted by the Analyst to track and report key performance measures and other risk assessment and management system activities. Other key stakeholders for collaboration include field operations and other corporate teams to support the process to resolve identified health, safety, security, and emergency management issues.
The Analyst is expected to spend 75% on H&S Department related functions and 25% on external collaboration/interaction.
Management System Sustainability (30%):
- Continuous improvement and action item tracking.
- Oversees and coordinates document management.
- Technical writing support.
- Manages on/off-boarding members of various teams associated with safety, security, and emergency response.
- Manages team SharePoint site.
Risk Assessment (20%)
- Collects and analyses data related to hazard assessments, ongoing hazard identifications, and incident investigations.
- Assist in incident categorizing/ risk ranking.
- Identify hazard controls in place related to high consequence risks.
Data collection and statistical reporting (20%):
- Interacts with employee-partners to ensure incident/hazard ID reports are completed with the appropriate information, including recommendations and corrective actions.
- Assist in the implementation of the annual HSE Strategic Plan.
- Collects and analyzes data used for compiling company safety statistics/trends and maintains reports as required.
Emergency Management and Security Support (20%)
- Support implementation of program continuous improvement activities.
- Technical writing and document management support.
- Supports drill/exercise and training development and execution.
- Liaison for external emergency call centre.
Ergonomic Assessments (5%):
- Coordinates ergonomic assessments and product ordering (where applicable) in Calgary Office.
- Arranges for outside professional assessments as required.
Fire Warden Administration (5%):
- Assist in the maintenance of the Fire Warden Program as required.
- Coordinates maintenance and monthly inspections of all Calgary office fire extinguishers and AED units.
- Post-Secondary Education required.
- Minimum 2-4 years of health and safety related experience.
- Exposure to emergency response and/or security programs a plus.
- Experience in information management (and associated technology) a plus.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, ETC:
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Attention to detail is essential in addition to multi-tasking ability.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Ability to self-start and follow through tasks.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, including SharePoint, an asset.
Alliance Pipeline offers a competitive compensation package, which includes bonuses, benefits and relocation plans.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume quoting competition #13-930 by the deadline date of August 16, 2013 to:
Alliance Pipeline Ltd.
800, 605 - 5th Avenue S.W.
Calgary, AB T2P 3H5
Fax: (403) 206-7131
As an equal opportunity employer, Alliance is committed to diversity in the workplace. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted for an interview.