Located in Calgary, Alberta and reporting to the Information Management Coordinator, the Business Analyst, Information Management will act as the key point of contact between the Information Management Team (IM) and Alliance’s business departments, including the compliance function. The focus of this role will be to provide IM analysis and governance services for the Alliance Information Management program and to support the use of the Centralized Compliance Management System (CCMS).
This Business Analyst, IM will provide support to the Chief Compliance Officer by coordinating activities across the business with respect to populating and using CCMS for effective compliance management, as well as reporting progress against the plan to the corporate compliance function and business owners. Other activities will include the use of the tool to conduct risk assessments and an annual certification survey, as well as developing controls and using the reporting functionality to allow the corporate compliance function greater oversight of compliance-related activities across the organization.
This role requires an understanding of the business and how Information Management requirements can be met or efficiency improved through IM solutions. The incumbent will provide Information Management Services across the organization and requires a strong understanding of the discipline of Information Management, statutory and regulatory frameworks, and how they relate to compliance management and audit-related activities.
- Foster positive relationships across the enterprise and actively participate with the business and compliance function during their tactical and strategic planning sessions.
- Ensure collaboration between IM and the Chief Compliance Officer and other Business Owners, Business Sponsors, Subject Matter Experts (SME) and Information Services.
- Liaise between the corporate compliance function and the business to coordinate and support the use of the compliance management system across the organization.
- Identify, organize and document compliance data in CCMS and to ensure the business requirements are addressed, including legal and regulatory requirements, identification of the a mitigating actions any, that are relevant to meet those legal or regulatory requirements, closing gaps, and monitoring, through the use of controls, to ensure compliance with legal requirements.
- Responsible to verify that compliance information is loaded, validated and maintained in CCMS, and by facilitating the on-going use of this information in an effective manner to manage and monitor compliance activities. The role will report on progress against the plan and on compliance activities more generally. The information managed in the system includes:
- Regulatory and legislative requirements audit and inspection findings;
- C-SOX testing; and,
- Controls to ensure compliance.
- Ensure the business is aware of the available information management and governance services, compliance management system functionality and the analytics capability.
- Determine the business opportunity or problem, perform analysis and identify the IM or CCMS functionality to meet the need.
- Educate and promote the adoption of IM processes and procedures to support efficient and effective information management and governance.
- Elicit requirements, using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys and onsite visits to analyze and determine the business need.
Strategy, Innovation, Planning
- Promote the Information Vision, Principles, and Data Quality management.
- Influence the business in delivering the information strategy and roadmap in order to mature the IM capability at Alliance.
- Communicate and educate regarding evolving compliance, regulatory and IM requirements to stakeholders.
- Contribute to the development and adoption of enterprise-wide information, records and document management standards, enabling more effective sharing.
- Provide SME and guidance on applying compliance management and information management principles.
- Conduct research and provide analysis and recommendations regarding emerging IM trends, best practices, and regulations.
IM Definition & Solution Delivery
- Develop and maintain IM processes and procedures as needed, initiate and recommend changes to the processes being utilized through constant reviews and feedback.
- Implement and perform Information Management Governance through monitoring, identifying and managing non-conformance.
- Responsible for end user and technical support, in reference to manuals and training for CCMS.
- Maintain strong working knowledge of CCMS solutions and maintain a relationship with the vendor to understand the product roadmap and functionality to be configured.
- Support Alliance staff and the corporate compliance function in monitoring compliance activities and measuring the status of compliance.
- Perform training, develop standardized business rules, manuals and workflows, and ensure completeness of the data for legislative, regulatory or industry standard requirements. Validating that each requirement contains mitigation, and links to Alliance processes that demonstrate corporate compliance, as well as supporting the use of the centralized management system to support the tracking of audit and inspection deficiencies, monitoring of controls to ensure compliance with the Alliance processes, and development, implementation and use of a database to track instances of non-compliance. It also involves support for the Internal Audit group in conducting C-SOX testing and audits against the requirements in the system.
- Create or use existing taxonomies, metadata, templates and data models for efficient management of information.
- Perform other related duties as assigned, including any special or recurring projects that may be required.
- Post-secondary/university degree or technical diploma in Information Management or other related program, with a minimum of 7 years’ experience in Information Management, with a background in compliance management and/or audit.
- Advanced experience of Business Analysis techniques and tools and how they are effectively applied to specific business analysis needs.
- Related experience in technical writing and training is an asset.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate technical information effectively to lay persons and technical experts alike.
- Experience in performing regulatory audits or internal audits, compliance reviews or compliance or risk management function, particularly in the oil and gas or pipelines sectors, would be an asset.
- Solid understanding of control concepts and experience in applying them to plan, perform, manage and report on the evaluation of various business processes/areas/functions and deploy information to a user community.
- Experience with the LogicManager compliance management solution would be an advantage.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Experience with the statutory/regulatory framework, particularly as applicable to gas pipelines in Canada and the U.S.
- Information Management discipline track record with specific knowledge in the Pipeline domain.
- Team oriented with ability to work independently.
- Ability to influence, negotiate and collaborate across multiple departments and multiple levels of authority.
- Strong organizational/coordination skills.
- Proficient in the use of Information Management technologies.
- Motivated, innovative and capable of handling several assignments concurrently.
- The ability to show initiative and lead others to a solution.
- Excellent relationship building skills with clients and colleagues.
- Excellent written and communication skills on technically diverse matters to external stakeholders as well as presentation to internal teams in the areas of Information Management and Compliance Management.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
This role will require minimal travel.
Alliance Pipeline offers a competitive compensation package, which includes bonuses, benefits and relocation plans.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume quoting competition #17-105
by the deadline date of February 19th, 2017
As an equal opportunity employer, Alliance is committed to diversity in the workplace. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted for an interview.