Alliance Pipeline's community investments are guided by a core set of criteria. We consider donation and sponsorship opportunities in communities where Alliance Pipeline operates that are:
- Within a 20-kilometre (10-mile) radius of our pipeline right-of-way. View a list of communities we support
- Of prime importance to the community
- Beneficial to the greatest possible number of people
- Significant to the long-term interests of the community
- Supportive of one of our
three core areas that we view as integral for a sustainable community
Examples of qualified organizations
- Community-based emergency services and organizations focused on safety planning and education
- Organizations focused on education, mentorship, and building potential in youth
- Social service agencies and organizations focused on empowering individuals to achieve their full potential
- Environmental organizations with a focus on education and stewardship, habitat remediation and conservation, and energy transition
- Indigenous communities and organizations focused on honoring Indigenous Peoples and culture
Ineligible organizations and funding requests
Alliance Pipeline does not fund:
- Organizations discriminating on the basis of race, religion, gender, or sexual orientation
- Requests that benefit individuals
- Religious, political organizations or special interest groups
- Recreation or sports organizations and events
- Advertising, memberships, ticket sales, or lotteries
- Mass-mailed or non-addressed solicitation
- Endowment programs or funds
- Crowd-sourced funding campaigns such as GoFundMe
- Memorial campaigns
- Project, program or any property recognizing or named for an individual
- Statues or monuments
- Travel-related costs
Alliance Pipeline utilizes the Enbridge Fueling Futures grant application to receive and process grant applications. Applications are reviewed by Alliance Pipeline community investment team members and funding decisions support programs and initiatives that directly benefit communities along the Alliance Pipeline right-of-way.
The online application form will guide you through the questions you need to answer in order for us to make a decision. To prepare in advance,
please read the instructions before applying and review the list of eligible communities in Canada and the United States to ensure your organization qualifies. You can also review the
application guide for detailed instructions on how to complete the application. When you are ready, launch the online application below.
Note: Grant applications for the
Safe Community First Responder program are by
Community groups looking for a giveaway or fundraiser auction item can apply for an Alliance Pipeline auto safety kit. Complete our online application and select "In-Kind" when prompted.
Decisions are typically made within eight weeks of receipt of a complete grant application, although decisions on major funding requests may take longer.
Organizations receiving funding will be asked to provide a final report detailing the results and benefits achieved through the funded project, program, or campaign.